Saturday, January 12, 2008

Can I Have a Burrito?

I promise you, that is not strawberry jam on those eggs. It's ketchup, but it does have a weird, inexplicably berry-colored hue. This morning's breakfast consisted of Better'N Eggs prepared with Tabasco, onion powder and peppers, and cut up Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties, partially rolled into a whole wheat tortilla. Oh, and a little bit of ketchup, obviously. It was only partially rolled because I tend to overstuff any food that requires stuffing, thus not permitting both ends of the tortilla to meet, and the whole thing fell apart when I tried to eat it anyway. I was permitted to use my husband's brand new Henkel knives, that my parents got him for Christmas, to cut up the peppers, although he hovered over me and made sure I didn't lop off a finger. (I think he was more concerned about my ruining his breakfast than retaining all of my digits. We were both pretty hungry by this point, since he waited to eat until I got home from the gym.)


Oh, and I also had half a pummello for a breakfast-appetizer, and it was really good. It's apparently a Chinese grapefruit, and is just a bit sweeter than the regular kind. That didn't make the picture though.

No comments: