Saturday, February 9, 2008

Hefty, Hefty, Hefty!


Again with the purple soysage. It didn't look like that in real life, I swear. Something is very wrong with my crappy cell phone camera. Ah, I love my big Saturday morning breakfasts!

At the Y this morning, I saw a woman on the elliptical machine with a black Hefty bag hanging out the back of her pants. Seriously. I can only imagine she was doing the ole "sweat out the extra water weight" technique, but I just figured that most people would be too embarassed to engage in that sort of stupidity out in public. She wasn't even fat! Maybe she was trying to fit into a particular dress or something, I don't know. Still, who would do that? And why was it hanging out the back-- didn't she care that everyone would see it and judge her? Or, okay, that I would see it and judge her? I thought you only did that in the privacy of your own home, jogging in place with the shower running on full blast. (Note: I have never done such a thing.) It was just so odd.

The second odd thing I saw at the Y this morning was another woman working out wearing a glitter-laden 2001 tour t-shirt for N*Sync. I swear. She didn't look like she was wearing it ironically, either. I get it, it's the gym-- or rather, this isn't a Crunch in some trendy portion of NYC, it's a suburban NJ YMCA--who gives a flying fuck what you're wearing to work out and get all sweaty? I've certainly shown up in some stunning ensembles. But an N*Sync t-shirt? Really?
I guess I should concentrait on my workout more, and judging the people around me, less. But it sure helps pass the time.

No comments: