Sunday, February 24, 2008

Cinnamon Pecan Special K


I was very excited when I learned about a new variety of Special K from the Hungry Girl web site-- Cinnamon Pecan. So when I finally found it in my grocery store yesterday, I couldn't wait until breakfast this morning to try it. (Actually, that's true. I didn't wait until morning. They were giving out free samples at Stop and Shop, along with some kind of new Frosted Flakes ["Golden" or some shit.] They were both yummy.) So when I had it for breakfast this morning, I was surprised to find myself decidedly underwhelmed. Maybe all the pecans were at the bottom? It just didn't taste as good-- it almost wasn't sweet enough. That is easily rectified by dumping a bunch of Splenda on top of it (pretty much how I end up eating most "healthy" cereals) but it made me wish I had just stuck with the new standby-- Chocolatey Delight. Damn. Now I have a whole box of it to finish. Those new Frosted Flakes were actually much better.

No comments: